COVID UPDATE FROM 19 JULY 2021 :
Please note that after careful consideration I have decided to change NOTHING with regards to all our COVID-19 safety measures after July 19th. This is consistent with advice from our professional body and in line with advice for health care settings. Therefore please continue to wear a face mask when you attend for treatment, bring a large towel with you to each session and complete the Covid declaration emailed with your appointment confirmation and reminders. If you arrive early, please wait in your vehicle or sit outside on my bench until your allocated time and come on in. I apologise if you were hoping that measures would be relaxed but after assessing the risk and the current increase in cases I would prefer to keep you (and me) safe!
Find out about the changes that have been implemented to keep you safe during the Covid Pandemic.
Osteopaths specialise in the diagnoses and treatment of conditions relating to the musculoskeletal system i.e relating to your joints, muscles, and soft tissue. We are in easy reach and have many clients from Datchet and surrounding areas of Eton, Eton Wick, Windsor, Old Windsor, Langley, Slough, Wraysbury, Iver, Egham, Staines and Stoke Poges.
We actively promote health through motion.
- We are specialists in diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- We see patients of all ages and from all walks of life.
- We’ll provide hands on physical therapy to facilitate healing of your injury.
- We’ll help you identify strategies to keep active to suit your interest and life style
- We’ll provide an exercise plan tailored to address your specific condition.
What We Treat
Patients are treated with a combination of structural osteopathy and medical acupuncture.
The most common conditions treated at the clinic include back, neck and shoulder pain and nerve entrapment. The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) recommends a course of manipulative treatment such as that performed by osteopaths and/or a course of acupuncture for the treatment of non-specific low back pain. Both offered at Datchet Osteopathic Clinic.
Other common presenting problems include;
· Headaches caused by restriction in the neck joints and tension;
· Arm and hand pain caused by overuse such as a computer ‘mouse’; gaming on phones and iPads
· Hand and arm pain radiating from the neck;
· Leg and foot pain radiating from the back;
· Sports related injuries e.g. calf or hamstring strains, tennis or golfers elbow
· Joint ligament strains – most commonly ankle or knee twisting injuries;
· Arthritic knee pain in the elderly.
Osteopathic treatment encompasses many techniques. The aim of the treatment is to restore the normal function of your body to help your body’s innate ability to heal itself. This is done by improving the function of the tissues of the body through the blood flow and the nervous system.
The main treatment methods include:
- Osteopathic joint manipulation and articulation;
- Acupuncture for release of the bodies natural painkillers and anti-inflamatory mechanisms
- Soft Tissue Mobilisation using various techniques including
- Harmonics as taught by Eyal Lederman;
- Graston Technique – Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation
- Muscle Energy Technique (MET)
- Myofascial Release (MFR)
- Strain Counter Strain (SCS)
- Exercises to correct poor posture and rehabilitation from injury
- Sarah Key Foot Mobilisation and Pressure Change Therapy – see blog post
- Neil Asher Technique for treating Frozen Shoulder
- McCloughlin Scar Tissue Release